Tuesday 16 June 2009

Sometimes you get little plans


From a gud plan, to da bestest plan... Or maybe not.

So after looking at the +5 parry that Borcs get in the Tyrant set I decided to try and work out if it's possible to make a Parry set for tanking. it looks rough but it might just be manageable on the lower end instances. Key advantage would be not having to respec for RvR/grinding (and looking cool) while the disadvantage would be that in high end instances I'd be an offtank.

Worked out the following so far:

8% base parry
+7% from conqueror set and glove bonus
+5% From gud at big choppin tactic
+0/5/10% from Less Stabbin me (combined with the jump to best plan upon parry tactic I should always be on at least 5%)
+6% from renown
+8% from jewels
And then I can get my morale 1 to pop every 60 seconds for a 30 second 10% parry buff.

So that'll be around 34-44% which isn't great (certainly lower that you'd like for two handed tanking) and with a likely significant drop in wounds. Still it's something different from the cookie cutter mould, so I'll give it a shot. Just need some victims from the Hand of Blood to try this out with *evil grin*

2 comments:

  1. Another idea is just to roll another BO. You can have one for each spec. That is what I see some people doing on my server now. They make one healing spec WP, and one DPS instead of having to pay for spec training all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh, I barely have time to play one Borc, let alone two.. Plus I couldn't face tanking through instances for set pieces again Zzzzz..

    ReplyDelete